R & L Spring Company is a manufacturer of miniature and micro coils and springs that are used in a variety of medical devices, tumbler locks, and electrical and electronic components. Micro-precision coils and micro springs are offered in wire diameters down to .001”. The demand for micro-miniature and microscopic coils and wire products for medical devices continues to expand as surgical capabilities increase. Devices used in minimally invasive procedures that include micro coils include catheter coils, implants, and defibrillator coils.
R & L Spring and their Medicoil Division is a leading development partner for Customers needing precision micro components. From micro-miniature to microscopic, we produce solutions for Customers in a variety of industries, including medical and electronics. Development of custom equipment and peripheral capabilities has made R&L and Medicoil one of the leading providers of precision micro coils for medical devices. Our Customer base includes industry leaders who demand high levels of service, so all Customers have one point of contact that provides a dedicated focus on their project.
Looking for a quote for your custom micro coiling application? Prints and specifications may be submitted in any electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our request a quote form and someone from our team will be in touch soon.
Coil Winding Capabilities:
- Micro-precision coils and wire forms in wire diameters down to .001″ (.0254 mm) and up
- Development of custom equipment and peripheral capabilities
- Micro-miniature to microscopic coiling and winding available
- Single and multi-filar coils to 120” (300 cm) and longer
- Round, flat, ribbon, and custom profile wire types
- Advanced winding machines can handle various geometries and filar counts
- A wide range of pitch, diameter, and tension options on close wound coils -multi-layered coil
Medical Device Applications:
Micro coils for medical devices are commonly used in the following applications:
- Drug Delivery Devices
- Epi-Pens, Injectors
- Defibrillator Coils
- Catheter Coils
- Coils used as marker bands
- Mechanical Springs
- Drive and Torque Cables
- Circuit Boards
- Pill Delivery Canisters